Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ATTENTION CAPTAIN CURT!!!

I decided to call my shark Captain Curt. I am naming it for my Uncle Curt because I love him so much and I love what he does. He was the first person to introduce me to sharks and the ocean.[Sophi has donated $2000.00 to RJD Shark Research over the last few months. She has earned her very own shark satellite tag.] Below, Captain Curt and Sophi (age 4) are at Theater of the Sea in Islamorada - It was her first ocean encounter, and Captain Curt was by her side.
During this trip Sophi fell in love with the ocean and all that it had to offer. Captain Curt and Sophi take in the sunset.

Sophi had an Islamorada themed 5th Birthday - which wouldn't have been complete without Captain Curt (& Auntie Kelli) flying in as surprise guests.

At 6, Sophi headed back down to Islamorada on a trip with her Grandma - She made herself right at home back out on the ocean (driving Captain Curt's boat).

Captain Curt keeps Sophi steady as she hangs out with her dolphin friend Talon.

Captain Curt spends a memorable afternoon with Sophi (almost 7) in MN. He bought her "Sharkie" the hammerhead, who goes EVERYWHERE with her!

They also spent time at the MOA aquarium with some of their best ocean friends! Captain Curt has been helping me so much to learn more about sharks and the ocean. I am glad that he is teaching me because it’s fun to learn about the ocean and sharks and the more he teaches me the more interesting it gets.

Captain Curt and Sophi in April 2010 head out on her first RJD research trip - One of her best days ever! I can’t wait to tag “Captain Curt the shark” with my uncle and I’ve been wondering what kind of shark it will be? Sophi can hardly wait for her upcoming trip to FL this October - She (and Dad) are flying down to tag her shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment